Friday, November 6, 2015

Something Deep About Pitching Projects

Last night was the class's community pitch event, and let me just say, first off, big things like that should not be on Thursdays. That should just not be allowed. It's exhausting, and it make it feel like a Friday, which is just terrible. But I digress. 

There were so many people there, as it was the opening night of the play, and being able to talk about my project with all of them was so amazing. Some of them were parents, some came from other schools, and a few friends of mine came too. Giving the same pitch over and over and over again was a little weird- must be how teachers feel, giving the same lesson every day- but I kept it interesting and I feel like there was a lot of support for the project. There wasn't even one person who was negative, which suprised me, if I'll be honest. It's so encouraging, though, to hear over and over that people actually like what I'm doing. The gift bags that I made to go with my presentation (picture below) went over amazingly, too.

And on top of that, there were so many people who came to the GSA meeting! At least four teachers came, and maybe twenty kids, all of whom seemed to be enthusiastic about the idea of having a safe-space club. And on top of that, when I asked a couple administrators about having a PD day where teachers get safe space training, they thought it was an excellent idea!

This project is picking up momentum, and I couldn't be more excited.

No comments:

Post a Comment