Friday, January 29, 2016

Service Via Video

We've been doing a lot with video production these past few weeks, with our charity work and  all the filming that our group's been doing. It's been a difficult process, made less smooth by circumstances, but we've been getting it done. I'm a little apprehensive for the next video project that we're doing for this class, but it'll be better, and even if it's not my favorite thing in the world, well. It's a skill, one that I can maybe use later in life. I've been learning patience, too, with how slow actually putting together things is turning out to be. We have so much interview footage, but we need more B-roll footage, or the video's going to be boring- something we learned from the teachers and while rewatching our footage. So much complication for something only 2 minutes long. 

The process is more important than the actual product to me, though. Learning how to make a good video is better than making something perfect and having no idea how. Don't get me wrong, it'd be great to have an awesome video to submit and to give Davidson Lifeline. It's just less important in my eyes.

1 comment:

  1. I LOVE that you say the process is more important to the product for you, because there are so many skills that we want you guys to learn as a result of working with these community organizations outside of creating a good video. Thanks for sticking with it through the struggles! (We kind of knew we would encounter them) :)

    ReplyDelete